[BlueOnyx:22119] Re: What can I do to keep my iptables configuration from being wiped out

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Sat May 26 19:46:21 -05 2018

What happens when the next patch comes out that updates log_traffic? Can we
get something added so that we can configure our boxes to not be affected by
future upgrades?

if[ -d "/etc/apf/donotmodify"]; then
exit

Then your logic for apf does not change and those that are interested in
setting up their own iptables rules have a way of avoiding them being
overwritten?

Or perhaps a UI checkbox that your process checks to determine if it should
maintain the changes?

I do not recall which other processes have this same issue but I know it
exists in other cases as well.

Jim