[BlueOnyx:22429] Re: new RoundCube version

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sun Oct 7 07:48:57 -05 2018

Michael, thanks for the help.

On 05.10.18 22:18, Michael Stauber wrote:

>> But now, nobody can log in anymore... it says « _/*!*\_ Login failed »
>> although the credentials are correct.
> What version of PHP is that Vsite using? Newer versions of RoundCube
> might have the need for a newer version of PHP as well.

it had version 5.3.29 and I changed to version 7.1.22 in /vsite/vsiteWeb?group=site31 with PHP (DSO) + mod_ruid2.

I changed the web ownership to the site's admin user in /vsite/fileOwner?group=site31.

I enabled the «MariaDB user and database» in /vsite/vsiteWeb?group=site31.

Still got the error.

> There is something else to try: On a Vsite where it's not working simply
> uninstall roundcube via the GUI and then reinstall. That'll purge the
> MySQL database and will also rewrite the config file.

I tried this, too, but it didn't help... The site had RC's version 1.2.4, I uninstalled it and installed version 1.3.7. Since it displays «DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED! Unable to connect to the database!», I went to phpMyAdmin: the database exists with the name nwa_0GnFGYyH4IWq.

> I recommend to try this, because older versions of roundcube might have
> used different mechanisms to connect to MySQL. Like using "mysql"
> instead of "mysqli".
> An uninstall/reinstall of roundcube creates a new config file with the
> proper (new) settings, so it might be worth a try.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, didn't help.

Mike Burger at the RoundCube mailing list replied:

Have you run the <RCEMAILDIR>/bin/updatedb.sh script, yet?

If I run this script, it says:

328# bin/updatedb.sh
Error 500: Database schema directory not specified (--dir).
329#

Since I didn't get an answer from Mike yet, I googled the params of updatedb.sh (the script itself is too complicated for me)-: and tried:

332# bin/updatedb.sh --package roundcube --dir=./SQL
ERROR: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user 'nwa_jIWru3kKFolH'@'localhost' to database 'nwa_jxQMgeWjK5OK'Error 500: Error connecting to database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user 'nwa_jIWru3kKFolH'@'localhost' to database      'nwa_jxQMgeWjK5OK'
333#

hm. The databases names *don't* correspond to the ones in phpMyAdmin (nwa_0GnFGYyH4IWq). This seems to be the problem, I guess...

How can I fix this?

Thank you and best regards