[BlueOnyx:22428] Re: new RoundCube version

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Oct 5 15:18:03 -05 2018

Hi Meaulnes,

> that worked, from version 1.2.4 to 1.3.7.
>
> But now, nobody can log in anymore... it says « _/*!*\_ Login failed »
> although the credentials are correct.

What version of PHP is that Vsite using? Newer versions of RoundCube
might have the need for a newer version of PHP as well.

There is something else to try: On a Vsite where it's not working simply
uninstall roundcube via the GUI and then reinstall. That'll purge the
MySQL database and will also rewrite the config file.

I recommend to try this, because older versions of roundcube might have
used different mechanisms to connect to MySQL. Like using "mysql"
instead of "mysqli".

An uninstall/reinstall of roundcube creates a new config file with the
proper (new) settings, so it might be worth a try.