[BlueOnyx:22378] Re: PHP-FPM problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 4 13:49:19 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

> I have noticed on a 5209R this morning that a site with PHP-FPM are not
> using the selected PHP version. They use the highest available PHP on
> the server no matter what the setting.
>
> I have a client’s site that has a WordPress theme that is not PHP 7
> compatible so I tried to enable PHP-FPM and use PHP 5.6 but no matter
> what I do PHP info reports PHP 7.2

5209R will launch different PHP-FPM instances in parallel if different
Vsites use PHP-FPM with different PHP version.

Example: This box of mine has Vsites with FPM via PHP-7.2, 7.1, 5.6 and
5.4 running. Therefore I do have four instances of PHP-FPM running at
the same time:

PID: Process:
449  php-fpm: master process (/home/solarspeed/php-7.2/etc/php-fpm.conf)
442  php-fpm: master process (/home/solarspeed/php-7.1/etc/php-fpm.conf)
443  php-fpm: master process (/home/solarspeed/php-5.6/etc/php-fpm.conf)
455  php-fpm: master process (/etc/php-fpm.conf)

In your case it might be worth a try to switch the Vsite to suPHP, save
and then switch back to PHP-FPM and save again. See if that fixes the
problem.