[BlueOnyx:22391] Re: Let's Encrypt failed notices

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Tue Sep 11 08:48:01 -05 2018

Hi Robert,

> On Sep 11, 2018, at 7:18 AM, Robert Fitzpatrick <rwfitzy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This morning I received failed notices from two separate 5209R servers. For the admserv on one and a vsite on the other. Both say to check /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log for more information. But both of the logs are empty. How can I find out what went wrong?

I was just dealing with this issue on a vsite (5208R). My logs were empty also, until I went into the SSL config of the vsite and tried to create a new LE cert. That page, when saving/creating the cert, showed an error (can’t determine path) and the log was no longer empty.

Mine turned out to be a DNS issue after an IP change - @ and www were pointing to different IPs with the web alias set to redirect to the site host.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Jeff Folk