[BlueOnyx:22813] Bug in Database Handling

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Fri Apr 12 05:06:32 -05 2019

Hi there,

today I found a bug in BlueOnyx (fully patched 5209R) by doing a dumb mistake:

I wanted to switch off PHP for a site to switch it on again afterwards - just to see if it helps with my actual problems (out of the scope of this email). Accidentally I switched off MariaDB - but still had three databases configured :-/

I'd suspect now that either all three databases would have been deleted and the database user unconfigured or everything stays as is.

Effectively the user is kept (but not re-usable via GUI) and the main database and the second database are deleted. The third one is kept.

This is weird.

First I would suggest a checkbox aka "Do you really want to turn off MariaDB? There are still 3 databases configured." At least if there are databases configured.

Second there should be a consistent state after unchecking the checkbox.

Regards,

Tobias