[BlueOnyx:22814] Re: Bug in Database Handling

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 12 13:57:14 -05 2019

Hi Tobias,

> I'd suspect now that either all three databases would have been deleted
> and the database user unconfigured or everything stays as is.

Correct. That's weird, as it should have deleted all three databases and
the user. Perhaps it ran into an error deleting the second database.

> First I would suggest a checkbox aka "Do you really want to turn off
> MariaDB? There are still 3 databases configured." At least if there are
> databases configured.

The way it works we can only have "Red" error states in the GUI. As long
as the condition we check for is present (like: "There are databases!")
we do have a "Red" error that cannot be bypassed or ignored.

There is no way to delete the primary MySQL database other than
disabling the checkbox. Hence we would always have a "Red" error state
on such a check. That is: Unless the code for Vsites MySQL users and
databases is completely rewritten there is no way around this.

I don't see it as much of a problem, as only the serverAdmin can untick
the checkbox and he should know that this will drop the databases. But I
agree that it isn't the most ideal way. Long term this will be changed,
but not now while 5210R is cooking.