[BlueOnyx:23057] Re: "Easy Migrate" released \o/

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Aug 1 03:46:22 -05 2019

Hi Tobias,

> #########################
> ERROR: Error during run of '/usr/sausalito/bin/em-helper.pl --vsites' on source server.
> #########################

Right. That's what I feared. :-(

> [VSITES]: <lots of sensitive private data>
>
> Return Code of the script is "0". So everything looks fine to me.

Can you do me another favor and copy the <lots of sensitive private
data> into a text editor that shows you how many characters that line has?

If you pipe the output of "em-helper --vsites" to file and open that
file with "mcedit" on the command line you can just move the cursor to
the end of that line and in the top it'll show the line and character
count. Total size of the file (in bytes) would also be helpful.

I suspect that it's too long for whatever buffer Net::OpenSSH allows for
the method $ssh->capture() and that's why our parsing of the return from
that command fails.

If that's the case then I might drop using Net::OpenSSH for that call
and instead use SSH directly. If that doesn't fix it, then I need to get
creative and export to file instead, copy the files over then decode the
Json encoded hash.