[BlueOnyx:23063] Re: CushyCMS and ProFTPD

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Aug 1 13:09:18 -05 2019

Hi Ken,

> Since the problem started with the ProFTPd bugfix, I'm starting to wonder if
> CushyCMS uses the site cpfr and site cpto commands.  That seems unlikely,
> but I can't know for sure without signing up for a CushyCMS account myself
> to try it.  The only other explanation I can think of is that the bugfix had
> some unanticipated consequences or collateral damage.

Yeah, it sure is related to the update. The ProFTPd we're using now is a
"release candidate" and I also observed that it does a few things
slightly different than the last stable version that we were using. The
code maturity seems to have dropped a notch or two.

I don't have any other or better solution at the moment, sorry. But
perhaps you might temporarily go back to the last ProFTPd version that
worked for you?

If so, please do this:

rpm -e --nodeps proftpd
rm /etc/proftpd.conf
rm /etc/proftpds.conf

That removes ProFTPd. Then you can grab the last good one. As I don't
know which version of BlueOnyx you're using I'll be pointing you to the
RPMs of the individual BlueOnyx versions:

5209R:

http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5200R/el7/blueonyx/x86_64/RPMS/proftpd-1.3.5e-1BX7.x86_64.rpm

5208R:

http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5200R/el6/blueonyx/x86_64/RPMS/proftpd-1.3.5-1BX5.x86_64.rpm

5207R:

http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5200R/el6/blueonyx/i386/RPMS/proftpd-1.3.5-1BX5.i386.rpm

Install the RPM of ProFTPd applicable to your BlueOnyx version this way:

rpm -hUv <URL>

Then restart CCEd and xinetd:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init restart
service xinetd restart

To prevent YUM from updating ProFTPd again please edit /etc/yum.conf and
find the lines that look like this:

## start-yum-gui
exclude=
## stop-yum-gui

Change it to this:

## start-yum-gui
exclude=proftpd
## stop-yum-gui

You actually can edit that via the GUI, too. It's under "Software
Updates" / "YUM Updater" and in the "Settings" tab there is the form
field "Exclude these RPMS". Instead of editing /etc/yum.conf you can
directly write "proftpd" (without quotes) into that formfield to have it
excluded from YUM Updates.