[BlueOnyx:23073] Re: "Easy Migrate" released \o/

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 2 02:13:39 -05 2019

Hi Tobias,

> You actually seem to have a version 0.0.6 deployed.

Yeah, the 0.0.5 added more debugging and fixed an import problem if the
Vsite group changed. The 0.0.6 now also imports Subdomains and had some
additional 5210R -> 5209R migration fixes.

> With this version I get a new error message:
>
> ERROR: Error during run of '/usr/sausalito/bin/em-helper.pl --vsites' on source server.
> SSH error: $VAR1 = 'ssh slave failed: timed out';
>
> Well this is pointing into a new direction now. Does it help you in finding the reason?

Yeah, this helps. This means that the OpenSSH on the source server
didn't respond back in time and the connection timed out.

This is pretty weird. Do you have a somewhat unusual SSHd configuration
on the source server? Or is it (network wise) far away and on a bad
connection? It might be worth it to activate SSH keep alive and see if
that helps.

Here is a guide for that:

https://patrickmn.com/aside/how-to-keep-alive-ssh-sessions/