[BlueOnyx:23075] Re: "Easy Migrate" released \o/

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Fri Aug 2 04:13:57 -05 2019

Hi Michael,

> > With this version I get a new error message:
> >
> > ERROR: Error during run of '/usr/sausalito/bin/em-helper.pl --vsites' on
> source server.
> > SSH error: $VAR1 = 'ssh slave failed: timed out';
> >
> > Well this is pointing into a new direction now. Does it help you in
> finding the reason?
>
> Yeah, this helps. This means that the OpenSSH on the source server
> didn't respond back in time and the connection timed out.
>
> This is pretty weird. Do you have a somewhat unusual SSHd configuration
> on the source server? Or is it (network wise) far away and on a bad
> connection? It might be worth it to activate SSH keep alive and see if
> that helps.
>
> Here is a guide for that:
>
> https://patrickmn.com/aside/how-to-keep-alive-ssh-sessions/

unfortunately this didn't help. I still get the same error (after about 2:30 min).

Are you going to start a SSH session from the source system on? Then it might be worth to mention that both systems are working on non standard ssh ports.

Another thing that might be the reason: the database export on the source system itself takes some time: one of the databases is of 6.7 gig exported size - that's the reason of the more than 2 minutes time the first step of the export takes.

Regards,
Tobias