[BlueOnyx:23081] Re: Gmail problems... again

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 2 12:58:31 -05 2019

Hi Lewis,

> When I brought this issue up before the solution was to run the
> following two commands:
>
>> sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
>> sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1
>
> However that does not seem to have the same joyful effect.
Yeah, the above actually should work, but these settings won't survive a
reboot. "sysctl -w" just performs a modification of kernel settings at
runtime.

Here is how you can make it more permanent and they outline several
methods like sysctl config file or kernel boot parameter to disable IPv6
permanently:

https://www.thegeekdiary.com/centos-rhel-7-how-to-disable-ipv6/
https://linuxhint.com/disable_ipv6_centos7/