[BlueOnyx:23160] Re: Redirection and forwarding, needing to redirect to a different server to a different port, can this be done easily?

Fungal Style wayin at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 21:25:26 -05 2019

Michael,

Thanks for the reply...

Ironically I was thinking along those lines, but in reverse, as in maybe get the external host to change the suffix, but will test and advise as it does look like it may work (in theory) from my understanding at least....

Brian

On 24/8/19, 3:40 am, "Blueonyx on behalf of Michael Stauber" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it on behalf of mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:

    Hi Brian,

    > So here is what I am thinking, having a BO server handle the DNS
    > requests, change the port to port 443 and then forward the traffic to
    > the IP address of their on prem server, but I cannot think of a good way
    > to do this as I am thinking iptables but surely there must be a better,
    > (read as “easier way”) to do this that I am just not seeing, as even
    > with iptables I am not sure I would be able to (could be a skills
    > shortage on my side if it is possible).

    If you have a 5209R, then you can try this:

    Say this site is called "www.company.com". They currently host it
    internally. Create new DNS A Records and let "internal.company.com" be
    the new host name that resolves to the IP of their internal server.

    Then create www.company.com on a BlueOnyx 5209R as a regular Vsite via
    the GUI. Enable SSL for the Vsite. Either with a real certificate or one
    from Let's Encrypt.

    Then go to the GUI of that Vsite and under "Services" / "Web" find the
    option "Redirect/Proxy Website". Enable it. Set the "Redirect Type" to
    "proxy" and enter https://internal.company.com as the "Target URL".

    Then point the A Records for "www.company.com" and "company.com" to the
    BlueOnyx and you should be good to go.

    That should do it.