[BlueOnyx:22716] Re: Installation reboot problem.

bqlist at distortal.com bqlist at distortal.com
Mon Feb 25 07:10:17 -05 2019

Good morning, Michael,

>Check if admserv is running:
>systemctl status admserv

Admserv appears to be running. There are two lines possibly of note in the
output:

  Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/admserv; bad; vendor preset: disabled)
and
  systemd[1]: PID file /var/run/admserv.pid not readable (yet?) after start.

>Also check if it's bound to ports 81 and 444:
>netstat -tupan|grep LISTEN

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:81              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
4702/httpd.admsrv
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:444             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
4702/httpd.admsrv

>Then you might also want to check if firewalld is running and if so you
might want to stop and disable it:
>systemctl status firewalld

firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; disabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:firewalld(1)

>Also check if there are any other iptables rules hat might prevent access
to ports 444 and 81:
>iptables -L -n|grep 444
>iptables -L -n|grep 81

Nothing is returned for either of these.

After the first reboot during installation the server did not come back up.
The colo guy examined the box and said the network service was misconfigured
and restore them. It was reset and I finished the install, but after a yum
update was unable to access the panel.

Apparently we overwrote "existed interfaces enp1s0f0 and enp1s0f1 which were
previously configured".

Running /root/network-settings.sh gave us the admin panel last time but I am
loathe to run it a second time in case we end up with a misconfigured box
again.

DD