[BlueOnyx:22591] Re: Solarspeed Automated Backup with large files

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 10 11:26:50 -05 2019

Hi Chris,

> Has anyone else run into difficulty obtaining downloads when using the
> Automated Backup plugin?   We have run into a situation with a customer
> who has a backup file >2GB and the browser eventually times out.
>
> I've increased admserv's memory and timeout.   Nothing seems to post to
> the adm_error log, unfortunately.

That download is started by PHP, so both Apache and PHP resource limits
are at play. AdmServ itself runs more or less on defaults as far as
memory limits and timeouts are concerned and I think it's not really a
factor.

The AdmServ PHP settings can be found here:

/etc/admserv/php.ini

; Resource Limits ;

max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 1024M

The above are the defaults and it could be that these are too small for
large downloads.

When you try, does it always stop at a certain time or file size?