[BlueOnyx:22593] Re: Solarspeed Automated Backup with large files

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jan 10 13:38:41 -05 2019

On 1/10/2019 10:26 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> That download is started by PHP, so both Apache and PHP resource limits
> are at play. AdmServ itself runs more or less on defaults as far as
> memory limits and timeouts are concerned and I think it's not really a
> factor.

I thought so as well, but then a 2+GB backup file may have been a bit
large for it.

> The AdmServ PHP settings can be found here:
>
> /etc/admserv/php.ini

Indeed.   I have increased as follows:

max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 4096M

> When you try, does it always stop at a certain time or file size?

The file never actually begins to download.  The browser just spins and
the exact behavior depends on the browser used.

Firefox says this (after 20-30 seconds):
-----
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to [hostname goes here]:81.

     The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
     Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
-----

Well that can't be right, because the certificate certainly works
everywhere else that you go in the GUI.

Chrome says this (after ~17 seconds):
-----
This page isn’t working
[hostname goes here] didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
-----

Other sites on the same server (with much smaller backups) function just
fine.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services