[BlueOnyx:22623] Re: Let's Encrypt - updates are public

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 24 11:14:06 -05 2019

Hi Dirk,

> I did enable the debugging and tried the command manually.
> www.andalusier.com is working successful.
> andalusier.com is failing.
> I did diable .htaccess and I did disable Web Alias Redirects in Blueonyx.

Very well. So yeah, it looks like that was the source of the problem.

> However it did fail everytime and now I get a
> " Error creating new authz ::> too many failed authorizations
recently: see
> https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/ "
> So I have to wait until the next try.

Yes. You've run into the rate-limits and would need to wait until these
are expired. The same happened to me on two boxes as well. :-/

> Maybe it is helpful for you if I create a support ticket from the server and
> you have a look at it?

As long as the rate-limits are reached it won't do a difference and the
outcome will always be the same. The limits then also affect the staging
server, so even "--staging --debug" won't show a different result.

It's best to wait out the rate-limit expiry before we take further actions.