[BlueOnyx:22629] Re: Updates overwrote root cron job file?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 24 21:16:50 -05 2019

Hi Dirk,

> I did update a server yet and the new acme package was installed. And again
> crontab for root was overwritten.
> Please (!) change your script immediately that you append your line to
> crontab and do _not_ overwrite the crontab!!

That's done. I published updated blueonyx-le-acme RPMs which now
preserve the root crontab during installs, upgrades and uninstalls of
that RPM.

In order to not rock the boat any further I just published these RPMs
with the same version number.

Means: Anyone who already has blueonyx-le-acme installed will not get
this update as he doesn't need it. Anyone who doesn't yet have it
installed can now install it without loosing custom cronjobs.