[BlueOnyx:23027] 5208R FTP login problem

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jul 25 11:41:57 -05 2019

We still have a couple of 5208R machines and on one of them we've had a
customer report he is unable to login.   Thinking it was a password
problem, we reset it.  He still has issues with "520 login
incorrect".    So we tried ourselves and have duplicated the issue.
The credentials have been set correctly in BlueOnyx and this is verified
by the fact that he's able to login to the GUI and email.    I'm not
sure why FTP is misbehaving and haven't seen anything telling in the logs.

Wondering if it could be related to the recent ProFTPd updates.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services