[BlueOnyx:23048] Re: CushyCMS and ProFTPD

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 31 01:46:25 -05 2019

Hi Ken,

> Everything in the web directory is owned by siteadmin:site, including
> subdirectories and their contents.

Very well then.

> Above the web directory in the site
> home directory, it's different, not sure if this is a problem.  The logs
> directory owned by SITE22-logs:site19 seems strange.

Yeah, this is a known glitch. I recently identified and fixed the issue
in 5210R and still need to backport the fix to 5209R and older. That
directory should be owned by SITE19-logs:site19. You can fix it for now
by running this script: /usr/sausalito/sbin/fix_user_UID_and_GID.pl

> I know the most common problem that web designers have with FTP and
> BlueOnyx is that the web directory isn’t / it's /web.  But supposedly
> this CMS was already configured and working for a couple years, so it
> should have been configured right.

Yes, it's easy to deal with.

> BTW, that php.d directory is empty.

That's fine. That directory is for php.ini snippets for WebApps from
PKGs which may need to configure PHP related settings in ways not
possible by the GUI. If there is a *.ini in it (with htaccess stype
PHP-flags in it), then the GUI will add these to the <VirtualHost>
container in Apache for that Vsite. As we don't want users to be able to
modify PHP settings in such fundamental ways the directory is not
writable for siteAdmin's.