[BlueOnyx:23049] Re: "Easy Migrate" released \o/

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Wed Jul 31 04:25:28 -05 2019

Hi Michael,

thanks for developing this tool. It can come very handy. And for me it came to a perfect time.

Unfortunately it does not migrate any websites in my case and just as bad: it does not throw any errors.

This is what happens when I start a migration (anonymised output):

##############################
[root at host3 ~]# /usr/sausalito/sbin/easy-migrate.pl  --source host2 -p 122 --ip <NEW_IP> --vsites <SOURCE_SITE> --nodns
| Easy Migrate Helper: Easily Migrate between BlueOnyx Servers |

# Checking connection to Source Platform: host2

[SSH_OK] SSH connection successfully established.

[SOURCE_OK]: Source System (host2.cbxnet.de) is a BlueOnyx 5208R and is supported by Easy Migrate.

[MIGRATION_START] Starting Migration of Vsite <SOURCE_SITE>
ERROR:

usage:     easy-migrate.pl [OPTIONS]

Example: ./easy-migrate.pl --source 10.1.250.1 -p 22 --ip 10.1.252.1 --vsites all

       --source     Hostname or IP of BlueOnyx to migrate from.
       --port       Port that SSH runs on at the source server.
       --check      Test if source platform is suitable as migration source.
       --list       Human readable list of Vsites present on source server.
       --ip         IPv4 IP Address that newly imported Vsites should get on import.
       --ipv6       IPv6 IP Address that newly imported Vsites should get on import.
       --vsites     Vsites to import. If omitted: All. To import a single Vsite
                    specify --vsites 'www.domain.com'. To import multiple Vsites
                    specify --vsites 'www.domain1.com,www.domain2.com'
       --config     Configures services and system settings of this server the same
                    way as they are on the source server (Email, DNS, Apache, PHP,
                    Nginx, Vsite- and User-defaults, SNMPd, Sitestats and Support).
                    It will NOT touch the SSH or AdmServ settings for security reasons.
       --nodns      If Vsites are imported, it will not import their DNS records.
       --dnsonly    Only copies all DNS records, but nothing else.
       --mysql      Only copies all MySQL databases and users, but nothing else.
       --version    Show Version of this script.
       -h|--help    This help text
##############################

I used the "--nodns" switch as we don't use dns on BlueOnyx and tried to avoid possible problems regarding this (there is no difference if I omit the switch).

I also tried to activate syslogging via changing the DEBUG flag in the script to "1" - without changes.

I also started the script with "--vsites all" without effect.

The working switches are: "--config", "--list", "--check", "--mysql". The used target ip address is the only address of the target system (ltr3).

The system I am starting the easy-migrate on is a brand new 5209R server fully yum'ed up.

I even started all available options of the helper script "/usr/sausalito/bin/em-helper.pl" on the source machine - all finished successfully.

I can see that on the source machine there are all databases getting exported (seems to be unnecessary when just migrating a single site). (Directly?) after this the script ends.

I don't know how to get any further now.

When it will be working it will be a really nice piece of software, I am sure!

Thanks for helping out,

Tobias