[BlueOnyx:23050] Re: "Easy Migrate" released \o/

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 31 09:43:08 -05 2019

Hi Tobias,

> Unfortunately it does not migrate any websites in my case and just as bad: it does not throw any errors.
>
> This is what happens when I start a migration (anonymised output):
>
> ##############################
> [root at host3 ~]# /usr/sausalito/sbin/easy-migrate.pl  --source host2 -p 122 --ip <NEW_IP> --vsites <SOURCE_SITE> --nodns
> +--------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Easy Migrate Helper: Easily Migrate between BlueOnyx Servers |
> +--------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> # Checking connection to Source Platform: host2
>
> [SSH_OK] SSH connection successfully established.
>
> [SOURCE_OK]: Source System (host2.cbxnet.de) is a BlueOnyx 5208R and is supported by Easy Migrate.
>
> [MIGRATION_START] Starting Migration of Vsite <SOURCE_SITE>
> ERROR:

Hmm ... I've seen this error exactly once in all the time that I played
with it. It's happening when we execute a command via Net::OpenSSH on
the source server and the parsing of the output fails.

I just published an updated easy-migrate that generates a more verbose
error message and lets us know exactly which command failed. Could you
please try a "yum clean all" and "yum update" to install the newest
easy-migrate and try again? Most likely it'll fail again, but then we
might at least know at exactly what stage it fails for you.

> I can see that on the source machine there are all databases
> getting exported (seems to be unnecessary when just migrating
> a single site). (Directly?) after this the script ends.

Yeah, this is not entirely ideal, but to avoid making it a hell of a lot
more complicated I let em-helper.pl export all WebApp SQL databases
during the information gathering phase.