[BlueOnyx:22942] Mod PHP problem

Darren Shea darrens at ecpi.com
Mon Jun 10 16:46:41 -05 2019

I just purchased the PHP package from the Blue Onyx Store because I have a
client who tells me he needs version 5.6.20 or better. It was a breeze to
install through the shop, and I immediately checked phpinfo.php, and it
displayed the correct 5.6.40 version. The BlueOnyx GUI is working normally,
so that's good. But, since every task I undertake seems to cause headaches,
it broke my WordPress 5.1.1 setup, giving me database errors. After going
under Installed Software and uninstalling this new PHP version, the
WordPress site is fine.

Now, I can see in my WordPress dashboard that it does advise me to upgrade -
specifically, I have the following message:

An updated version of WordPress is available.
You cannot update because WordPress 5.2.1 requires PHP version 5.6.20 or
higher. You are running version 5.3.3.

And, of course, the version I tried did meet that requirement (that wording
even implies that was the goal of my client). So, did I miss a step - do I
have to make changes under the PHP setting (like adding new paths) for the
specific sites with the new PHP package? Or would just shooting for the moon
and installing the Mod PHP 7.3.5.1 resolve this? Anyone have any exeprience
with a similar upgrade?

Thank you in advance,
    Darren