[BlueOnyx:22980] Until we meet again...

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Fri Jun 28 04:32:19 -05 2019

Just wanted to say an official au revoir as we have just turned off our
last BlueOnyx server and I'll be leaving this mailing list soon.

It's been quite a ride from Cobalt -> BlueQuartz -> BlueOnyx.

I worked at Sun Microsystems back in 1999 and bought myself a little
Cobalt Qube for home. From there I rented a Cobalt Raq server, then two,
then three and ran "Dogsbody Hosting" as a hobby.

When Sun shut down Cobalt (I could rant about this for hours) I migrated
my systems to my own servers running BlueQuartz.

When BlueQuartz started to stutter I migrated my servers to BlueOnyx.

In 2010 I left the 9-5 and started up my own consultancy company, using
a lot of the skills I had gained from hosting and running Linux servers
for over 10 years.

20 years later and I don't recognise myself. The company I started 9
years ago now has staff and we're now building highly available and
scalable Linux solutions for large e-commerce providers.

While I may have sworn at BlueOnyx at various times in my life, I still
look at it fondly and will miss it... in a strange sort of way.

Keep up the great work everyone. Open source is a thankless task.

Most of all though, enjoy what you do :-)

Dan

--
Dogsbody Technology Ltd.
Linux Managed Services & Consulting