[BlueOnyx:22766] Re: Problem fix and potential feature request

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Mar 10 13:16:34 -05 2019

Hi Brian,

> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=2627, Name=MTA')
>
> This would be a great feature to add to the system allowing the admin to
> specify on which port sendmail listens.

That is defined in this handler on BlueOnyx:

/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/email/system.pl

Or you can see it here:
http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5209R/ui/base-email.mod/glue/handlers/system.pl
- starting at line 139.

So no: There is currently no provision for a localhost only Sendmail nor
any out of the ordinary ports. I also tend to agree with Ken Hohhof here
that it perhaps might be best to address this issue with firewall rules
instead of bending Sendmail out of shape for an issue that isn't a
common usage case.