[BlueOnyx:23477] Re: #1054 - Unknown column 'Event_priv' in 'field list'

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Nov 18 12:49:18 -05 2019

Hi Colin,

> #1054 - Unknown column 'Event_priv' in 'field list'.
>
> I get this on all databases - including mysql - not only the imported one.
>
> Looked through old threads and found "[BlueOnyx:08094] phpMyAdmin error with Privileges" (8 years ago! 😊)
>
> /usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables your-mysql-root-password

Yeah, that was a long time ago. Since then newer MySQL or MariaDB
versions made that obsolete.

What you're looking for is the "mysql_upgrade" command:

mysql_upgrade -u root -p

Confirm with your MySQL root password and let it run. That will convert
the MySQL database to be in line with the MariaDB version you're running.