[BlueOnyx:23478] Re: #1054 - Unknown column 'Event_priv' in 'field list'

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 13:02:13 -05 2019

Wow - that was quick response! (

    Hi Colin,

    > #1054 - Unknown column 'Event_priv' in 'field list'.
    >
    > I get this on all databases - including mysql - not only the imported one.
    >
    > Looked through old threads and found "[BlueOnyx:08094] phpMyAdmin error with Privileges" (8 years ago! 😊)
    >
    > /usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables your-mysql-root-password

    Yeah, that was a long time ago. Since then newer MySQL or MariaDB
    versions made that obsolete.

    What you're looking for is the "mysql_upgrade" command:

    mysql_upgrade -u root -p

    Confirm with your MySQL root password and let it run. That will convert
    the MySQL database to be in line with the MariaDB version you're running.

Thanks Michael,

Kind regards

Colin