[BlueOnyx:23308] Re: BlueOnyx 5210R Release Candidate

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 10 18:40:00 -05 2019

Hi Ernie,

> I noticed something odd with /etc/resolv.conf
>
> The point being that I think the inital network setup scipt did something
> odd, it left out the nameserver entry I had filled in.

This was one of the last issues that I troubleshooted before publishing
the procedure.

When you use /root/network_settings.sh that will write out a new
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 with the new settings.

It also uses /usr/sausalito/sbin/nethelper.pl to publish the new
settings to CODB. Which then writes out a proper
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, /etc/sysconfig/network and
updates /etc/resolve.conf with the nameserver info (which is now also
stored in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Then CCEd.init is restarted and a constructor run will make sure that
configs and CODB have the same info.

When I tested it last it did that just fine.

When you then do the GUI based initial setup and save it does all of
that again.

Perhaps there is still a glitch somewhere along the way in one of these
steps that drops the nameserver(s) from /etc/resolve.conf. Have to check
that.