[BlueOnyx:23353] Re: Aventurin{e} - upgrade 6108R to 6109R

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 03:06:04 -05 2019

Hi Chris,

> > How easy is it to upgrade Aventurin{e} nodes from 6108R to 6109R?
> >
> > Nodes are hosted by Virtbiz …
> >
> We'd replace the nodes.    Or temporarily move everything to a single node and
> re-image the "empty" one.  Fire up a replacement server on 6109R, move the
> hosted virtuals across.  There is no "upgrade" procedure
> - it's a different platform altogether.

That sounds sensible. I will liaise when I can find a bit of time.
I think we may have enough resources to move all VPS to free up a single node.
That would allow the empty one to be re-imaged as you suggest and then repeat the process with other nodes.

I will be in touch with support in due course.
In the meantime I will read up on Michael's notes.

Many thanks

Colin