[BlueOnyx:23355] Re: Aventurin{e} - upgrade 6108R to 6109R

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 03:50:07 -05 2019

Hi Chris,

> We'd replace the nodes.    Or temporarily move everything to a single node and
> re-image the "empty" one.  Fire up a replacement server on 6109R, move the
> hosted virtuals across.  There is no "upgrade" procedure
> - it's a different platform altogether.

Had a closer look at resources and I don't think we do have sufficient resources to run all VPS on one node.
Maybe a fresh node and then OVZ transfer from existing nodes will be best if that works for you?

It is a job that I will probably leave until we take our Christmas 2 week break - that will give me time to tackle it undisturbed.

I will be in touch.

Regards

Colin