[BlueOnyx:23361] Re: Aventurin{e} - upgrade 6108R to 6109R

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 12:51:13 -05 2019

Hi Michael,

    > I see our unlimited licences will no longer be valid ... but a 50%
    > discount available.

    Colin, you were among the first adopters of Aventurin{e} back in the
    6102R days - if I recall correctly. We'll work something out - don't worry.

Yes ... been using Aventurin{e} for a very long time! (
Thanks for the offer - I will be in touch.

    > It is a job that I will probably leave until we take our Christmas 2
    > week break - that will give me time to tackle it undisturbed.

    Very well. The migration is usually pretty seamless. But a small heads
    up here: I'll be traveling between 20th December and 10th January. It's
    just an in-country trip and I'll have my laptop with me. But I don't
    know how good the internet connection will be at our destination.

Thanks for the heads up - I will  work around that.
If Chris sets up a new 6109R node then I will just migrate them across and I assume the downtime will just be whilst the transfer is taking place?
Also gives me a 'get out of jail' if things do go TU.

All the best

Colin