[BlueOnyx:23212] Re: Upcoming BlueOnyx 5210R additions -> 5310R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 17 02:06:53 -05 2019

Hi Ernie,

> Support for PHP 5.6 ended on December 31st, 2018, so CentOS 7 is a support
> problem.

RedHat will still be going to patch PHP-5.4 (not 5.6!) that ships with
CentOS 7 until the end of life of CentOS 7.

> One strange thing about the CentOS 8 relase news, is a couple of weeks they
> were saying Centos 8 was deffered for CentOS 7.7 work, but CentOS 7.7 isn't
> out yet! Very confusing, perhaps they will relase 7.7 before the 24th.

That's my guess as well. As they won't usually release on a Friday or
during the weekend either tonight or the next two days would be the
logical dates for 7.7 to drop. But we'll see when it happens.