[BlueOnyx:23233] Re: 5209R related: CentOS 7.7 has been released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 17 19:40:19 -05 2019

Hi Brent,

> We haven't made any outside-the-box changes as far as I'm aware, but I'm
> considering disabling for now and running it manually tomorrow morning
> from the GUI so I can have a fresh coffee boost to deal with any
> problems that arise.

I've updated around 20 different BlueOnyx 5209R today. All of them had
some form or other of software from the shop installed. Or - in three
cases - something I had installed myself. Only my own DNS servers
(running an older version of PDNS) had issues afterwards, as the
installed PDNS exhibited problems with CentOS 7.7.

Richard had issues with his MariaDB 10.4 from the shop after the YUM
updates. I could fix it for him, but was unable to replicate the problem
when I updated my own MariaDB 10.4 test box to CentOS 7.7.

So all in all I'd still consider these updates fairly smooth compared to
some other updates we've had in the past.

Yet: It's a big update and it would be best to run it from the command
line via "yum clean all" followed by "yum update". That way you're able
to see what goes on and if it throws any unusual messages during the
installation of the updates.