[BlueOnyx:23802] Re: 5209R automatic Let's Encrypt renew - webalias redirect turns off and not on again

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 24 10:11:38 -05 2020

Hi Dick,

> Can you confirm that this only happens if Web Alias Redirects was enabled in the first place?

In order for this to happen the SSL certificate must have been requested
not only for the FQDN, but also for web server aliases. If that was the
case, then "Web Server Alias redirects" used to get turned off.

If it is now getting turned off, we set an internal marker from '0' to
'1'. At the end of the transaction we check the state of this marker. If
the marker is '1', we set "Web Server Alias redirects" back to '1'.

So yes: This only happens if "Web Server Alias redirects" was enabled in
first place *and* the LE SSL certificate was requested for the FQDN and
at least one alias.