[BlueOnyx:24147] Re: Only one web app available for installation

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Aug 4 10:13:13 -05 2020

Hi there, Felix,

I just thought I might add a couple of comments in case it's helpful for
you.

> The problem we are facing is due to the Supermicro server and their *really*
> shitty BIOS.

It's not just this particular issue that has lead to this, but we have
begun to purge Supermicro equipment from our inventory. It's been quite
some time since we bought our last Supermicro system and we've been
rotating them out of service and onto the recycling pile.   The killer
for us was the IPMI bug that allowed attackers to take over the system
even if IPMI wasn't configured or even physically connected.   Ouch.

That said, one possible way you might get around the serial number
problem is to install Aventurin{e} on the server and then set up your
BlueOnyx installation on top of that.   Michael makes a free license
available for systems running a single container.     That also has the
benefit of making your BlueOnyx installation a bit more "portable" for
when you decide to ditch the Supermicro and move to alternate hardware!  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services