[BlueOnyx:24149] Static IP question

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Aug 5 08:29:08 -05 2020

I am trying to access a vsite, which has been assigned it's own static IP
which is different from the server IP, by using just the IP address.

eg. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test.html

It's a 5209R server, and it's always trying to get to
/var/www/html/test.html when I use the IP address, instead of looking in the site1
/directory where the page is.

In the past I have never had a problem doing this on 5107R servers, but
something seems to have changed over the years.

It's so I can test certain things in a vsite without having to alter DNS
records.

Is there anyway to achieve this on 5209R servers?

- Ernie.