[BlueOnyx:24183] Re: AVSPAM Outbound scanning

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:27:53 -05 2020

Larry Smith wrote:
> Just curiosity on my part, but why would you NOT want to scan outgoing
mail.  If a user gets hacked
> , oft times your own scanner catches much of it before your server gets
listed in 37
> places around the globe.

I have really not had any problems with that. I have the settings so that
users can only send 100 emails a day. That prevents any bad SPAM attacks and
by not scanning outbound email I gain speed which has been an issue.

However now that I have moved to 5210R I need to look at moving to Postfix
which is much faster as I understand it.

Has anyone made the change from Sendmail to Post fix on a box with a lot of
users? Do I have to change the mailbox to maildir at the same time or can I
leave MBOX until I am sure Postfix is working well?

Thanks,
M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.
  - Thomas Jefferson