[BlueOnyx:24219] Re: Personal web pages in 5210R

Ken Hohhof khohhof at kwom.com
Thu Aug 27 08:28:54 -05 2020

I agree, we haven't seen interest in this for literally 20 years.  Personal websites were replaced by social media (maybe Geocities in the early days of that timeline).  If these are web designers wanting to showcase their work, they should get a domain or you could offer subdomains, instead of user directories with the confusing tilde.  If you can't even afford a domain for your work, who would pay you to design a site for them?  It's like hiring an IT professional who has an AOL email address.

Actually, I'd say over 90% of problems we ever encountered with Cobalt/BQ/BO hosting was customers mistakenly uploading to the personal directory of the site admin rather than the public site.  So this was a feature people haven't wanted for many many years, that caused all sorts of problems.