[BlueOnyx:24221] Re: Personal web pages in 5210R

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Thu Aug 27 09:03:44 -05 2020

They are really popular if you think about it.

eg. Facebook pages are in effect user owned webs without the ~ in the url
sure they are dynamic from a CMS database but the basic cancept is identical.

 FQDN/username instead of FQDN/~username

Some big sites do it the other way around  username.FQDN
eg. bobssite.wordpress.com

So user owned webs are a massive part of the Internet.

- Ernie.