[BlueOnyx:24227] Nginx Proxy will not start

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:01:58 -05 2020

I have a new 5210R VPS and I came across a strange issue today.

I have been adding mail.domain.com as web aliases so that it gets a lets
encrypt cert and is therefore a working dns record for postfix with SNI.

So I did that for a site last night, the cert got issued and everything
appeared to be fine but then I got an Active Monitor alert that Nginx
was not working. So long story short if Nginx is enabled the web server
will not work but if I disable it everything else works.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I have no other experience with
Nginx so I don't want to go messing with it and I don't even see a
logfile that would point me in the right direction.

I have Nginx off for now but I would like to get it working again.

Thanks,
M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
   - Thomas Jefferson