[BlueOnyx:24598] Re: Virtual Site question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Dec 12 17:47:12 -05 2020

Hi Rob,

> Actually this is resolved. Either due to caching issues, or a parked
> record in the zone configurations.

Very well.

> MY next issue is configuring DNS on Name server and in BlueOnxy to
> handle my email correctly.

We do have a little guide on the BlueOnyx webpage that explains how to
best set up DNS so that it works well with email:

https://www.blueonyx.it/dns-for-email

> My admin account “rob” is the user for a lot
> of my domains. Will I only be able to manage all the mails in the admin
> account for mail, or should I remove my admin account “rob”?

There are a couple of ways how you can do it. You can use a "server
admin" account named "rob" for email. Or you can delete that account
("admin" is really all you need for full admin capability) and create
user "rob" as a regular user or "siteAdmin" under one of the Vsites.

In the end it doesn't really matter, as any account is capable of
handling emails.

You can of course also set up email forwarding from one account to
another. This is also great to aggregate emails from different accounts
into a single account.