[BlueOnyx:24611] Re: Virtual Site question

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Sun Dec 13 13:11:58 -05 2020

Hello Rob,

On 13-12-2020 18:45, Rob Litvin wrote:
> Like Gecko, I also have the issue that with my current DNS setup I can
> access www.rob-e.com,  but rob-e.com goes to onyx login page.

Are  you sure your DNS setup is ok? If i dig for www.rob-e.com I get no
result, rob-e.com points to the same ip as web.rlit.us (which is fine).
You should also have an A record for www.rob-e.com pointing to your server.

Have you (in blueonyx) setup a vsite with www in the hostname field and
rob-e.com in the domainname field?

In the settings services/web for that vsite, you should enter rob-e.com
as a web server alias.

> 3. Does this look like I can get email rob at rob-e.com to work?

For e-mail for rob-e.com to work, you need to define an MX record for
rob-e.com. I don't see one at this point.

Once that is done, you can create a user of the vsite with the name
'xyz' and give it an email alias 'rob'

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Maurice