[BlueOnyx:24622] Old Blue Cobalts

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Dec 14 15:27:28 -05 2020

Back when we were clearing out the Cobalts, we kept an example of each
model we used just for safe-keeping.    Seeing a few folks post about
old RaQ servers, I thought I'd stroll over to the conference room and
see how many of our old Cobalt fleet will still boot.   The RaQ4 wound
up with a kernel panic, but the rest of them fired up without an issue.

In case you're interested in seeing them, I posted a couple of pics from
our conference room / museum at this link:
https://www.virtbiz.com/still-got-the-blues/

I can't imagine a scenario where one of these actually goes live on the
Internet in this day and age, but they're neat pieces of history and
there's never been anything quite like them before or since.   I'm glad
I had the opportunity to be a tinkerer when they were around, and am
really glad they live on, in a sense, with BlueOnyx.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services