[BlueOnyx:24658] Re: own changes in sendmail.mc

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 16 04:11:03 -05 2020

Hi Tobias,

> Another method of keeping your own modifications is using yum's post
> actions. There you can define your own actions to happen after changes
> of distinct files or packages.

That is an interesting approach. However, I'm not sure if it works in
this context. BlueOnyx already uses a YUM plugin (on 5209R) and a
"dnf-wrapper" (on 5210R). Depending on what the RPMs required these run
either a CCEd restart or CCEd reload followed by a run of "swatch" to
make sure all enabled services are running.

If the YUM post-actions happen *after* the BlueOnyx plugin has restarted
CCEd and has run swatch? Then it'll work. If your custom post-action
happens before that? Then a CCEd restart mandated by one of the freshly
installed RPMs might still mess with sendmail.mc.

Might still be worth a try, though.