[BlueOnyx:24676] Email Self-Signed Certificates and iOS

Chad Bersche chad at bersche.com
Mon Dec 21 15:13:15 -05 2020

Hello list.

I've recently moved to 5210R and re-created my self-signed SSL
certificate for email.  Seems, though, that I'm unable to get my Apple
iOS phone devices to accept any email connections using SSL with the
certificate in place.  I'm not really wanting to go Let's Encrypt, as I
have a separate machine for my web server that's not the same as my
BlueOnyx system.  Not to mention that I'm behind a couple of firewalls
that restrict what goes where.

Is there a way to coax iOS to work with SSL using a new self-signed
certificate?  That's the only big hiccup I've had in my migration, but
I'm grappling with how to properly enable email for my devices again...

Thanks for any / all help, as this is affecting several that use my
email server now. :(  Traditional desktop email apps, however, seem unfazed.

   -- Chad