[BlueOnyx:24679] Re: php-fpm logging

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:15:01 -05 2020

Ernie wrote:
 > What I ended up doing was a crontab that ran a simple script every
half hour.

This still gives the site developer access to the logs for everyone on
the server. This is less than ideal.

If you take Michaels suggestion to enable logging at the site level you
can go a step further and create a log file in the vsite folder that
will have only errors for that site.  This way it is not visible to
users.

You would use something like this in your .htaccess:

# enable PHP error logging
php_flag  log_errors on
php_value error_log
/home/site/www.domain.com/wwwroot/web/PHP_errors.log

Thanks,
M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find
the harder I work the more I have of it.
   - Thomas Jefferson