[BlueOnyx:23663] Re: In-place upgrade 5207R to 5209/5210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 17 14:14:34 -05 2020

Hi Lee,

> is there a path to upgrade a 5207R directly to a 5209R or 5210R without building a new box and having to use CMU?

A direct in place upgrade isn't possible. Especially not from 5207R, as
it's 32-bit and anything after it is 64-bit. But even for 64-bit there
is no "in-situ" upgrade possibility, as that task is way too complex to
tackle.

A fresh install and a migration is the best way. However: You don't have
to bother with CMU anymore. Use "Easy-Migrate" instead:

https://www.blueonyx.it/easy-migrate

It's much more seamless and more complete.

> I know there was one for 510xR to 520xR, which worked great back

Yeah, but that didn't upgrade the OS - just the GUI bits and pieces, so
that was comparatively easy. :-)

> was more thinking to get this box off CentOS 6.

Indeed. It's time to get off CentOS 6, as it's getting really old by now.