[BlueOnyx:23574] Re: Bug - 5210R - Hostname

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 13 20:53:13 -05 2020

Hi Lew,

> One of Hyper-V's little quirks is it assigns random MAC
> addresses to your virtual NIC's unless you hard code
> them in the VM's settings. BX doesn't like it when ETH0
> is suddenly not where it was. I could see this wreaking
> havoc with hostnames too.

Yeah, that is perhaps related in one way or another.

Other than that: There is a CCE constructor that polls the System object
to find the hostname and FQDN of the server and then it uses systemctl
to set that as the server name.

So generally the server name will be whatever you have configured in the
TCP/IP settings of the server.