[BlueOnyx:23580] CentOS 8.1 released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 16 22:53:13 -05 2020

Hi all,

CentOS 8.1 has been released yesterday and as far as I can tell a 5210R
will YUM/DNF install these updates just fine without any undue side effects.

I've also just rolled up an updated 5210R ISO image that directly
installs 5210R and CentOS 8.1.1911.

However: As I'm still using my somewhat improvised ISO building process
the ISO's first and second stage installer will report that it's
installing 8.0.1905 during the graphical part of the install off the
ISO. Don't worry: When it's done, you will have 8.1.1911 instead. Which
is - at this time - the latest version of CentOS 8.

An updated 5209R ISO on CentOS 7.7 has also been released today.