[BlueOnyx:24074] Re: MariaDB upgrade info

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Wed Jul 8 05:02:28 -05 2020

Hello,

I did update several servers with mysql/mariadb package from
shop.blueonyx.it and it did always run like a charme. No actions afterwards.
Also updating to 10.3 and some minutes later to 10.4 was no problem.

What you should note is that a backup is created in /home/ for each upgrade.
This means that there must be at least as much free space under /home as the
database is sized before the upgrade. When everything is running, you can
delete the update.

However, I have not yet heard of problems with mariadb 10.2 under php 7.4?

Best regards,

Dirk

blackpoint GmbH – Friedberger Straße 106b – 61118 Bad Vilbel